I’ve been a photographer for over 15 years. I love it more than ever but was getting disheartened with the “fakeness” of what I see and what I was shooting.
I’m passionate about what I want to shoot and how I want to do it. If you’re looking for something deeper than a photo of what someone looks like, perfect! This will be awesome.
At weddings, the day was never just about the photography but it’s taken me a while to understand that.
I get it now – it’s about family and friends and love and relationships and friendship and commitment and moments that happen by themselves.
It’s the same with family and kids photos – there can be so much more to a photo. It can go so much deeper than look at the camera and smile.
If you don’t want to spend an hour of your wedding day or portrait session being posed like you’re about to appear on the cover of Vogue or directed to with an inch of your life, we’ll be a great fit.
Here’s what I’d like to shoot on your wedding day or portrait session: real moments between people that matter to you. I want to photograph the love, the emotion the connection on the day… not only between you and your partner.
I want to look for your shy Dad who hides in his garage to escape the madness of his daughters wedding day. I want to catch that look between you and your Mum that says, I love you and all I’ve ever wanted is for you to be happy. I want to be ready to catch the grooms Dad looking at his wife with that expression that says, we’ve raised a beautiful son, we should be proud. I’ll be looking to catch that awkward look before the groom and best man hug in a manly embrace which comes naturally and with the feeling or sentiment that says, good on ya mate, I’m proud to be here with you.
During a family session or photographing kids, what about just letting everyone be. And capturing that. Be yourself, let your kids be themselves. Does it really matter if they get dirty or sandy or messed up hair if that’s who they really are? Why not capture that and record true memories?
I’ve been working hard to change the way I shoot. I’m shooting from the heart now. Shooting what matters. Family, love, trust, honesty and real moments.
If we sound like a good fit, I’ll need your help if we’re going to make this photography thing work. It’s going to involve you sharing what you feel about your partner, your family, what’s important to you and what’s not. I’ll help, it’s not difficult, but to create somethings truly special, you need to be prepared to be open and share your thoughts.
You can find more details on how it all works for both wedding photography and portrait photography coverage on these pages:
So this is me…
- I have two teenage boys with two totally different personalities, both fantastic
- I still get nervous before weddings… after 15 years. Yep, crazy I know
- My wife Linda thinks we have a hairy daughter – Roxy. I prefer to call her our dog. She’s a mini Schnauzer and yes, I secretly like her too
- My mates think I have the most cruisy job in the world and only work one day a week – not true by the way
- I don’t mind the odd chick-flick and have been know to tear up occasionally
- Close talkers make me uncomfortable…
- I believe every bride deserves a thoughtful wedding speech from their groom
- A peanut butter and honey sandwich is my go to snack. Or weetbix.
- I love chocolate and cakes and coffee and beer and wine… luckily exercise as well
- I don’t watch much TV
- Favourite movies – Dead Poets Society, Shawshank Redemption, Top Gun – yep, really.
- Here’s something pretty scary; not only did I try and join the navy to become a pilot after seeing Top Gun, I actually bought the same style of underwear Tom Cruise was wearing in the movie
That’s probably enough about me. Have a look around. If you think we could be a good fit, call or email me and let’s create something awesome for you.